There have been some early iPad reviews, for those who have been fortunate enough to get a pre-release unit from Apple. Currently it seems the vibe is good from those early-bird reviewers out there, with no surprises, knowing the limitations in terms of a lack of Flash support or multi-tasking, but and a general impression that it does serve a market need.
[David Pogue / New York Times]
– “a whole new type of computer”
– Mossberg found the iPad a “pleasure to use” and had less and less interest in using his laptop the longer he used it, reserving their use for writing/editing longer documents or watching Flash-requiring web videos.
– Impressed by the battery life which was longer than Apple’s 10 hour claim.
– No trouble with the on screen keyboard.
– Pages is a “serious” content creation app but only exports to Word and not always accurately. [Edward Baig / USA Today]
– “The first iPad is a winner.”
– Onscreen keyboard fine for emails or quick notes, but not for lengthy articles.
– Most will use the iPad for consuming content rather than creating it.
– “Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there’s certainly room for improvement.”