Amazon has announced that it is readying itself to have it’s Kindle App on Tablet PCs (netbooks) including the iPad, which will be a continuation of it’s presence on the iPhone.
Utilising WhisperSync you will of course be able to make use of reading on one device (whether its your Kindle device, computer or iPhone/iPad) and continue where you left of on another device. So this should be exciting news, having a free alternative iPad book application and for those of us living overseas and having to wait for iBooks to have overseas availability, you can already use Kindle’s massive list of available books at your pleasure (or enjoy your existing collection of books if you already purchased via Amazon previously).
Experience the Beautiful User Interface
- Get the best reading experience available on your tablet computer including the iPad. No Kindle required
- Tailored to the size, look, and feel of your tablet computer
- Customize background color and font size to ease eye strain
- Adjust screen brightness from within the app to make reading easier
- Page turn animation replicates the look of turning a page in a book. Or choose Basic Reading Mode for a simpler and unadorned reading experience
- Amazon’s Whispersync technology automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, notes and highlights with Kindle and Kindle-compatible devices PC, Mac,iPhone, and BlackBerry
- Customers can start reading on one device and, on another, pick up where they left off
- Already have a Kindle? Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Create bookmarks, notes, and highlights, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle
- Search and browse more than 450,000 Kindle books, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers. If you are a non-U.S. customer, book availability may vary
- Get free book samples–read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle and Kindle-compatible devices